Accounting & Finance for Non-Specialists, 7th edition
By Peter Atrill & Eddie McLaney
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
576 Pages, Illustrated
$99.50 Paper Original
Peter Atrill and Eddie McLaney's Accounting and Finance for Non-specialists is an accessible introduction to accounting and finance for non-major students. Using minimal jargon, the authors introduce topics gradually, examining basic principles and underlying concepts before demonstrating how accounting statements and financial information can be used to improve business decision-making. Reflecting this practical emphasis, the text includes numerous extracts with commentary from company reports, survey data and other sources.
Fully updated and revised, this seventh edition continues to provide a practical, student-centred introduction for anyone new to accounting and finance. Working through the features of the book allows you to:
- Explore the real-world application of accounting and finance principles through extracts from newspapers and company reports.
- Check and apply your understanding by completing integrated activities and comprehensive self-assessment questions (all with answers).
- Develop your ability to critically evaluate core concepts by tackling short review exercises (with solutions).
- Reinforce your knowledge by tackling more advanced exercises delivered online.
- Appreciate the latest International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Table of Contents
Introduction to accounting and finance
Measuring and reporting financial position
Measuring and reporting financial performance
Accounting for limited companies
Measuring and reporting cash flows
Analysing and interpreting financial statements
Making capital investment decisions
Financing a business
Managing working capital
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications