Business Student's Handbook
Skills for Study & Employment
By Sheila Cameron
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications
464 Pages, Illustrated
$95.00 paper original
The Business Student’s Handbook integrates study skills, interpersonal skills and work skills to help students gain better marks in their study and to transfer those skills into assets in the workplace.
It covers the key issues for today’s students, such as critical thinking & analysis, reflective practice & logic and plagiarism to ensure they’re fully equipped prepared for success.
List of figures
Part 1 Learning: context, process and management
1 Learning, skills and employment
2 Managing your studies
3 Learning and reflective practice
Part 2 Study skills
4 Critical reading and note taking
5 Basic numbers
6 Written communication
7 Using information and communication technologies
8 Gaining great marks
Part 3 Working with others
9 Talking and listening
10 Team working and leadership
11 Presenting to others
Part 4 Conceptual skills
12 Complexity, cases and diagrams
13 Obtaining data and information
14 Making sense of data
15 Increasing your creativity
Part 5 Integrating your skills
16 Managing projects
17 Into employment
- Study skills such as essay writing, exam technique and managing one’s studies.
- Interpersonal skills such as teamwork, communication and presenting.
- Work skills such as exploring problems, managing projects and improving creativity.
- Includes an extensive bank of text based and online exercises to address issues such as stress, time management and confidence so students can assess their strengths and build a personal development plan to improve on weaker areas.
- Checklists for essay planning, job application and interviews; exercises on how to deconstruct exam questions and work with case studies, and basic maths and grammar helpfiles for practice and reference.
- Activities are fully supported with resource materials and teaching notes for lecturers and both student and lecturer resources are available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/cameron
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page