Financial Management for Decision Makers,
By Peter Atrill
Financial Times / Prentice Hall
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$117.50 paper original
Adopting an innovative, open-learning approach to introduce the main principles of financial management in an accessible, non-technical way, this fully updated 5th edition provides a unique focus on the practical application of financial management and its role in decision-making.
1. The world of financial management
2. Financial planning
3. Analysing and interpreting financial statements
4. Making capital investment decisions
5. Making capital investment decisions: further issues
6. Financing a business (1): sources of finance
7. Financing a business (2): raising long-term finance
8. The cost of capital and the capital structure decision
9. Developing a dividend policy
10. Managing working capital
11. Measuring and managing for shareholder value
12. Mergers, takeovers and the valuation of shares
Glossary of key terms
- Written in a unique, ‘open learning’ style
- Clear explanations and minimal technical jargon to aid understanding – no previous knowledge of financial management is assumed
- Based on a solid foundation of theory but focusing throughout on its value for decision making
- Covering all the main areas of financial management in sufficient detail to provide a good grasp of the subject
- Numerous examples, activities and exercises throughout, allowing the reader to test his/her knowledge at frequent intervals.
Peter Atrill is a freelance academic and author working with leading institutions in the UK, Europe and SE Asia. He was previously Head of Business and Management at University of Plymouth Business School.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page