Introducing Human Resource Management, 6th edition
By Margaret Foot & Caroline Hook
Prentice Hall / Pearson
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$115.00 Paper Original
This is an accessible and lively introduction to the human resource management, focusing on the frameworks of people management strategies, and covering the basic operational areas and practices of HRM. The sixth edition continues to explore ideas and themes in an engaging style with reference to real-life examples, and offers student-friendly features and activities.
This edition includes new coverage of well-being, equality and diversity, and offers a greater international perspective throughout. It is aimed at students taking an HRM option on a Business Degree, or those studying for an HND, Foundation Degree or CIPD qualification.
- Introducing human resource management
- Human resource strategy and planning
- High performance working: employee engagement through involvement and participation
- The employment relationship
- Equality and diversity
- Selection: shortlisting, interviews and beyond (NEW combined single chapter covering all aspects of selection)
- Retention and talent management (NEW)
- Performance management and appraisal
- Learning and development
- Payment systems
- Health, safety and welfare
- Discipline and grievance
- Dismissal, redundancy and outplacement
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications