ECDL Advanced Databases for Microsoft Office XP and Office 2003
By Paul Holden and Sharon Murphy
Pearson Education / Financial Times
312 Pages, Illustrated, 7 ½" x 9 ¾"
$52.50 paper original
The European Computer Driving License (ECDL) is an internationally recognized certificate of end-user computing skills. It provides objective proof that the holder has achieved a standard of competence in the most common business applications. Employers are increasingly relying on the ECDL to validate training courses and to recruit computer-literate staff.
ECDL Advanced is the next level on the ECDL certification path, building a more extensive skill set to underpin knowledge gained from the ECDL course in specific areas, allowing the candidate to demonstrate skill sets above the most basic. The ECDL Advanced Database syllabus further develops skills and knowledge attained in ECDL Module 5: Databases.
The ECDL Advanced Database syllabus requires a candidate to learn how to operate a database application effectively and to realize the full potential of the application. The module covers:
- Using the database application to organize, extract and view data
- Reporting on data using advanced data management skills
- Creating simple macros
- Importing, exporting and linking data
This comprehensive coursebook covers all aspects of the ECDL Advanced Database module using the most popular business software – the Access package of Microsoft Office XP and 2003. It provides everything a student needs to pass the ECDL Advanced Database certification test. Written by experienced trainers, Paul Holden and Judith Cuppage, the book offers clear, simple and friendly guidance on the ECDL Advanced Database module.
- Basic computer terms and concepts explained in plain English.
- Screen images and illustrations guide the student through the Microsoft Access application.
- “How-to” information based on practical examples of everyday tasks.
- Short cuts and insider tips drawn from the real-world experience of computer professionals.
- Summary of critical information at the end of each section.
- Easy-to-follow exercises on accompanying CD.
Everything a student needs to know to pass the ECDL Advanced Database certification, all in one book!
Visit us on the web at pearson-books.com.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page