ECDL Advanced Word Processing for
Microsoft Office XP and Office 2003
By Paul Holden and Brendan Munnelly
Pearson Education / Financial Times
448 Pages, Illustrated, 7 ½" x 9 ¾"
$52.50 paper original
The European Computer Driving License (ECDL) is an internationally recognized certificate of end-user computing skills. It provides objective proof that the holder has achieved a standard of competence in the most common business applications. Employers are increasingly relying on the ECDL to validate training courses and to recruit computer-literate staff.
ECDL Advanced is the next level on the ECDL certification path, building a more extensive skill set to underpin knowledge gained from the ECDL course in specific areas, allowing the candidate to demonstrate skill sets above the most basic. The ECDL Advanced Word Processing syllabus further develops skills and knowledge attained in ECDL Module 3: Word Processing.
The ECDL Advanced Word Processing syllabus requires a candidate to learn how to use word processing applications to produce advanced document outputs. The module covers:
- Producing advanced word processing documents.
- Illustrating typographical, formatting and layout presentation.
- Producing tables, forms and graphics.
- Using macros and other tools.
- Advanced mail merging.
This comprehensive coursebook covers all aspects of the ECDL Advanced Word Processing module using the most popular business software – the Word package of Microsoft® Office XP and Office 2003. Written by experienced trainers Paul Holden and Brendan Munnelly, the book offers clear, simple and friendly guidance on the ECDL Advanced Word Processing module.
- Basic computer terms and concepts explained in plain English.
- Screen images and illustrations guide the student through the Microsoft Word application.
- ‘How-to’ information based on practical examples of everyday tasks.
- Short cuts and insider tips drawn from the real-world experience of computer professionals.
- Summary of critical information at the end of each section.
- Easy-to-follow exercises on accompanying CD.
Everything students need to know to help them pass the ECDL Advanced Word Processing certification, all in one book!
Visit us on the web at pearson-books.com.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page