By Denis Keenan, Sarah Riches
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications
640 Pages, 7 1/2 x 9 3/4"
$99.50 paper original
The new edition of this popular text continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the law for non-law students in a clear and straightforward manner. Highly regarded, Business Law has been fully updated and is well illustrated with cases and diagrams throughout.
The text is divided into four distinct parts.
Part One introduces the student to the nature of the law and the English legal system.
Part Two examines the different types of business organisations and Part Three explores contract law, tort law, consumer law and criminal liability as they relate to business.
The final part, Business Resources, introduces the student to business property and employment law. A user-friendly two-colour text design aids navigation throughout the text.
Table of Statutes
Table of Cases
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO LAW 1. The Nature of Law
2. The Changing Law
3. Legal Services and Dispute Settlement
PART 2: BUSINESS ORGANISATIONS
4. Classification and Survey of Types of Business Organization
5. Non-Corporate Organizations
PART 3: BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
7. Introduction to the Law of Contract
8. Types of Business Contract
9. The Terms of Business Contracts
10. Contracts for the Supply of Goods and Services
11. Tort in Business
12. Criminal Liability of Business
14. Consumer Protection
PART 4: BUSINESS RESOURCES
15. Business Property
16. Employing Labor
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight the key points that a student is expected to understand after studying each particular topic
- Case summaries have been carefully selected to illustrate the principle under discussion and are clearly distinguished from the main body of the text. Case commentary puts the decision in context and encourages further reflection.
- Bulleted and numbered points stress the main issues throughout
- End of chapter self test questions encourage students to test their understanding after reading and to reflect on what they have learnt. Selected answers will be available on the Companion Website
- Specimen examination questions allow students to prepare effectively for their exams
- Companion website which includes regular legal updates and selected answers to the self test questions in the book
- A Lecturer’s Guide provides photocopiable masters of diagrams in the textbook and other useful aids.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page