The Defiitive Guide to the Process,
Principles & Skills of Personal Coaching
By Julie Starr
Pearson / Prentice Hall
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications
356 Pages, Illustrated, 6 1/4 x 9 1/4"
$57.50 Paper Original
“The Coaching Manual is the most current, comprehensive, practical, best-illustrated coaching source I have ever seen. It compellingly teaches the mindset of keeping the responsibility on the coachee combined with a powerful, realistic skillset."
Dr. Stephen R. Covey, author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Are you a good listener? A perceptive observer? Or perhaps you know instinctively when something isn’t ‘right’?
We are all born with some coaching ability and the key to becoming a great coach is knowing what your strengths are and building on these.
The Coaching Manual will help you do precisely this. Starting from where you are now, you’ll find all the powerful tools, techniques and guidance you need to take you to where you want to be. Both a complete learning experience and an instant source of fresh insight and tips, the manual is your definitive reference throughout your coaching career.
In this edition, you’ll find:
- The principles, values and beliefs of a good coach
- Becoming a coach - key questions and considerations to help take your coaching forward
- How to plan a coaching assignment
- The ‘Coaching Path’ – a simple structure for an effective coaching conversation
- How a less directive style can produce dramatically different results
- What the barriers to a good coaching conversation are – and how you can avoid them
- Emotional Maturity - how is it both a requirement of you and an improvement you might encourage in others?
The Coaching Manual is the foundation resource for coaches everywhere.
- Popular subject - now that life coaching has been established and demand is growing, huge numbers of people are changing career to train as life coaches, or undergoing coach training to add to their existing skills.
- There are many books that address the principles of coaching and touch on certain techniques, but no book currently provides a complete manual of all the coaching techniques and skills.
- Practical - features examples throughout of typical 'conversations' between a coach and client to highlight points, stress techniques and demonstrate best practice in coaching language and behaviour.
Julie Starr is a highly respected coach and management consultant who works with both organisations and individuals. She has over 20 years experience within business and change management focusing on the opportunity presented by people. She combines many years of coaching experience with a constant study related to human success and fulfilment, to develop coaching practices and principles that really work.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page