Organisation Behaviour, 4th edition
Individuals, Groups & Organisation
By Ian Brooks
Financial Times / Prentice Hall
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
$105.00 paper original
A succinct, lively and robust introduction to the subject of OB that offers clear, focussed coverage of the most important topics in an accessible way.
Brooks et al aims to encourage critical examination of the theory of organisational behaviour whilst also enabling students to interpret and deal with real organisational problems. It has proved a popular student choice because it combines relative brevity with thorough coverage and plentiful real-world examples.
This book is particularly well-suited to short or introductory courses or those requiring a concise but broad introduction to organisational behaviour.
2. Organisational theory
3. Perspectives on individual behaviour
4. Motivation at work
5. Groups and teams
6. Management and leadership
7. Organisation Structure
8. Organisational power, politics and conflict
9. Organisational culture
10. The impact of national culture on organisational behaviour
Features that appeal to students from a diverse range of backgrounds include:
- A wealth of examples, cases and mini-cases demonstrate the application of theories in the workplace.
- ‘Illustration in film’ boxes illustrate key ideas through famous films.
- ‘Managerial implications’ boxes help to broaden students’ knowledge and understanding of OB in real organisations.
The following online resources support the text:
PowerPoint slides of the book’s figures and tables and teaching notes for lecturers are available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/brooks.
Edited by Dr. Ian Brooks (Dean of the Northampton Business School, The University of Northampton) and contributed to by Hugh Davenport (Northampton), Jon Stephens (Northampton) & Dr. Stephen Swailes (University of Hull).
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page