The growth of digital marketing is the most important yet unpredictable trend in marketing today. How can the online world be harnessed by the companies of today and tomorrow to grow their marketing impact? What role do information and databases have to play in this system? And why do some non-digital means of direct marketing still remain so powerful?
Alan Tapp’s successful text has long been a leading authority on direct marketing, and for this fifth edition he is joined by Ian Whitten and Matthew Housden for the most up-to-date book yet. The authors all bring great expertise across direct, database and digital marketing to provide comprehensive, compelling coverage of the key theory and debates of the fields.
The fifth edition includes comprehensive coverage of all recent developments in digital marketing, including analysis of the seemingly relentless rise of Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media. It has a range of thoroughly updated case studies covering companies and organisations from sports teams to car manufacturers and non-profits and contains a new chapter on Data Protection legislation and its impact on marketers.
PART I: INTRODUCING DIRECT AND DIGITAL MARKETING
1. What is direct and digital marketing?
2. The database
PART II: USING DIRECT MAREKTING TO ANALYSE THE MARKETING SITUATION
3. The customer database: analysis and applications
4. Using external databases in direct marketing
PART III: SETTING OBJECTIVES & STRATEGIES WITHIN DIRECT MARKETING
5. Direct marketing objectives and strategies
6. The strategic influences on direct and digital marketing
7. Relationship marketing and CRM
8. The Internet
9. Social media
PART IV: DIRECT MARKETING IMPLEMENTATION & CONTROL
10. Offers and incentives in direct marketing
11. Direct marketing media
12. Acquisition media
13. Creative practice and consumer behaviour in direct marketing
14. Testing, budgeting and research in direct marketing