Relationship Marketing, 3rd edition
Exploring Relational Stategies in Marketing
By John Egan
Financial Times/ Prentice Hall
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
311 Pages, Illustrated
$99.50 Paper Original
This book is suitable for any undergraduate or postgraduate student taking a course in relationship marketing. Relationship Marketing: Exploring Relational Strategies in Marketing, 3e comprehensively examines relationships in marketing and how these influence modern marketing strategy and practice. Based principally on the concepts and theories surrounding relationship marketing, John Egan critically reviews and analyses what has been described as 'marketing's new paradigm'.
New to this Edition
- New "prequel" Chapter 1A detailing the progression of marketing beyond the traditional marketing paradigm. Chapter 1B continues the development of Relationship Marketing itself from this point.
- New end-of-chapter cases on current issues in RM, including client-agency relationships, collaboration and decision-making, and focussing on companies such as BSkyB, More Th>n and Ryanair.
- Concise and accessible style, coupled with up-to-date examples Zum Seitenanfang
Table of Contents
Part I - Relationships
Chapter 1A - 100 Years of Marketing
Chapter 1B - Relationships in Marketing
Chapter 2 - Relationships
Chapter 3 - Relationship economics
Chapter 4 - Strategy continuum
Chapter 5 - Relationship drivers
Part II - The core firm and its relationship
Chapter 6 - Customer partnerships
Chapter 7 - Internal partnerships
Chapter 8 - Supplier partnerships
Chapter 9 - External partnerships
Part III - Managing and controlling the relationship
Chapter 10 - Relationship technology
Chapter 11 - Relationship management
Chapter 12 - Back to the future Zum Seitenanfang
Relationship Marketing: Exploring Relational Strategies in Marketing is a lively, engaging treatment of a vital subject. From its grounding in the theoretical and conceptual, the book reviews and analyses the importance of relationships in marketing, and their influence in modern marketing strategies. John Egan's holistic approach covers both principles and practices, is drawn in equal measure from research and application, and is an ideal text for students, researchers and practitioners.
"This book balances pros and cons in RM – it is not trying to oversell the message but directly forces the reader to apply common sense." Professor Per Servais, University of Southern Denmark
New to this edition:
* New introductory Chapter - 100 Years of Marketing - describing the historical progression of marketing beyond the traditional marketing paradigm
* Brand new end-of-chapter cases on current issues in RM, including client-agency relationships, collaboration and decision-making, and focusing on such companies as BSkyB, More Th>n and Ryanair
* Revised and updated commentary on the latest developments in relationship marketing
"This book strikes an excellent balance in its language and writing style of being accessible for undergraduate students yet not ‘trivial’ in the examples or concepts discussed. I believe upper-level undergraduate students would find the author’s writing style informative, insightful, and interesting." Professor Rita Rahoi-Gilchrest, Winona State University
About the Author
John Egan is Principal Lecturer at Middlesex University Business School and a Chartered Marketer.He has almost three decades of experience working in the retail marketing sector with companies such as Bloomingdales (New York), Hudson Bay Company (Canada), Harrods (UK), Chinacraft, Mappin & Webb and Garrard (the Crown Jewellers). He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and Commerce, a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Academy of Marketing.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page