Advanced Spreadsheet Projects in Excell, 3rd edition
By Julian Mott and Ian Rendell
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
238 Pages, Illustrated
$42.50 Paper Original
This third edition of the best selling text, Spreadsheet Projects in Excel, features a new colour design and updated project advice. The book is aimed at a number of Advanced courses of study within the National Qualifications Framework currently available in schools and colleges, supported by AQA, OCR, Edexcel and WJEC.
The book has been comprehensively revised and extended to cover the requirements of all Applied A and AS Level ICT spreadsheet units, in addition to the coursework requirements of A and AS Levels in ICT. The materials and approach used in the book should also be applicable to students on many courses in further and higher education where a study of spreadsheets through Microsoft ® Excel TM is necessary. Microsoft ® Excel TM is a popular choice of software, allowing students to develop and customise solutions for a real user.
This book covers everything a student needs to know to produce a high quality Excel TM project, including:
- Spreadsheet examples to introduce the reader to all the skills and techniques in Excel TM required for Applied AS and A2 Level units;
- The development of fully customised solutions for A Level units including features such as LOOKUP, spinners, option boxes, macros and UserForms;
- Guidance on how a project should be documented.
The book also includes many valuable tricks and tips, making the use of Excel TM easier and fun.
* Written by the authors of the first two best selling editions
* Caters for the requirements of the Applied A level specifications as well as the AQA ICT A level
* Features a new colour design
* Includes a free Dynamic Learning Student Edition CD-ROM in the back of the book
Table of Contents:
Part 1 – Introduction/Bridging Unit
Part 2 – Developing an Excel solution from scratch in twenty units
Part 3 – Starting points
Part 4 – Documenting the system
Part 5 – Tricks, Tips and FAQs
About the Author: Julian Mott and Ian Rendell have over 20 years of experience in teaching ICT and Computing to post-16 students. They are both practising teachers, being Heads of ICT in two of the largest schools in the country. Both authors have senior moderating and coursework advisory roles with a major examination board.
Return to the Businesss Titles Home Page